Manager, Specialty Graphics
The Manager of Specialty Graphics is an experienced professional who has provided direction in the Wide Format or Digital Imaged product industry. This position manages the daily operations in the Specialty Graphics department and works closely with the sales team to support business development. This position will report directly to the President, be an active member of the Manufacturing Leadership team and be responsible for the overall fiscal health of the department.
This position exists to perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Planning and execution to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency within the Specialty Graphics department.
- Provide leadership to the Specialty Graphics team to ensure fast order processing, accurate inventory control, proper and timely receipt/stocking of goods, cost-efficient shipping direct to customers and effective processing of returns. Implement improved processes and management methods to generate higher ROI and workflow optimization and innovation advancements.
- Work closely with Specialty Graphics team to determine house substrates, standard product offering and market distinction.
- Be available to assist in sales opportunities and new business development strategy.
- Guide team to ensure customer satisfaction, improved efficiency, and increased revenue through promotional programs and improved associate product knowledge and training. Implement processes and systems that will generate higher productivity and revenues and lead to more efficient turn around on billing and receivables.
- Work with the Manufacturing Leadership team to ensure that all operational systems, equipment and processes are continuously evaluated for proper operation, relevance, utilization and efficiency. Select and maintain order management systems, data warehousing, operations infrastructure and development.
- Ensure that company is migrated toward innovative equipment and technology offerings that will generate higher efficiency within operations, enhanced reporting and tracking capabilities and substantial ROI.
- Continually investigate and introduce technologies and process improvement measures.
- Participate in vendor negotiations to ensure product relevance and cost-efficiency.
Financial ResponsibilityThis position is responsible for the financial oversight of the Specialty Graphics department, including payroll and overtime costs, ensuring operational projects come in on time and on budget, and for ensuring inventory cost and waste controls are managed effectively. For ensuring customer expectations are realized. Supervisory ResponsibilityThis position manages all associates of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the associates within that department. Work EnvironmentThis job operates in both a professional office environment and manufacturing facility. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Physical DemandsPhysical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is approximately 20% a sedentary role with the balance of time required interacting or helping within the operations area or with internal and external customers. The position will require the ability to speak, hear, see, sit, bend, stand, stoop, push, pull, lift, lower, grasp, as necessary. Position Type/Expected Hours of WorkThe position is full-time. This is an exempt position. Standard operation hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week. TravelThe position requires up to (25%) travel, including possible overnight.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Six to seven years of related experience in a commercial print environment.
- Minimum three to four years of management experience.
- Able to work independently in a deadline-sensitive, high-production print environment.
- The individual in this position needs to continually or almost continually move about inside the manufacturing areas and areas external to manufacturing to access resources and complete assigned work, etc., regularly.
- The position requires that the individual in it must be able to carry weight, lift, transfer, position and remove (to a height of 3–4 feet) materials up to 70 pounds on occasion and up to 50 pounds daily.
- Will continually or almost continually be exposed to noise levels—moderate to loud—in operations area.
- Temperatures may vary between internal environments daily, although temperature-controlled.
- Must be able to work outside during normal working hours to accommodate production needs daily.
- Must be able to drive non-DOT vehicles as needed to complete work assignments.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Must also be able to operate normal office equipment such as copier, fax, computer and phone system.
Notice to All Applicants: The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.