Pressman - Day Shift
This position exists to perform the essential functions: Set up, adjust, operate, and maintain press. Review job specifications to determine the press setup according to the imposition of the run. Perform all make-ready tasks associated with the type of press operated, examine plates/cylinders for imperfections and checks for correct positioning of images, prepping, adjusting tension, and register, etc. Make necessary color corrections and/or press adjustments prior to production run to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work. Clean, lubricate, and maintain the press, making minor repairs and replacing worn or broken parts as required. Perform periodic maintenance recommended by the manufacturer.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Pressman in a commercial print environment required.
- Associate degree in Print Technology or related field preferred.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalency required.
- Requires thorough knowledge of offset printing procedures, materials and specifications, equipment, and safety requirements and skills to perform assignments.
- Prior operating experience with Komori K440 or K640 preferred.
- Skill to read and understand job specifications and knowledge of press capabilities to determine the most appropriate press usage, press settings, and materials needed to run the job successfully.
- Skill to make a variety of difficult and precise settings of controls, settings, and adjustments, and to perform routine operational maintenance of equipment.
- Skill in routine operational maintenance and minor repairs to equipment.
- Knowledge of the appropriate amount of packing pressure needed to obtain the proper printing pressure for the type of job being run.
- Skill in use of micrometer to mount and align the printing plate correctly.
- Ability to maintain a fast pace and work with a sense of urgency.
- Standing for the duration of the shift, as assigned.
- Will walk about, bend, stoop, twist, reach, push, pull, lift, lower, and grasp regularly.
- Ability to lift up to 20-pounds consistently, and lift up to 50-pounds occasionally, required.
- Overtime in support of the workload, as needed.
Notice to All Applicants: The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.