Your customers want to work with thought leaders, and to prove you have the chops, a solid SEO plan is key. Keep these tips in mind when marketing your business on the Web.
- Include searchable keywords in the first two sentences. If you want your results at the top, put the most important words there! This counts for both blog posts and website content. If you don’t explain your business from the start, no one will know what you do.
- Keep your headlines and titles short. Shoot for a 10-word (or fewer) headline and, if you use them, a 35-word (or fewer) dek.
- Link to your company’s content, not a competitor’s. After all, it’s all about showing what you have to offer to prospects.
- Prove your argument by bringing in another trusted opinion, but don’t link just for the sake of creating links (remember rule No. 3!). Research who you’re linking to, and avoid link schemes and hidden links.
- Include meaningful visual content—like infographics or photos of the products you offer. We are moving fast these days and can absorb a picture far faster than a body of words.
- Keep in mind the unsearchability of the word “it.” Content marketing rocks. It is… Content marketing is king.
- Use a partner who knows these rules. Call The YGS Group.