The last quarter of each year is hectic—finishing up this year’s projects, planning for next year, and juggling all of it around the holidays. Keeping morale up at the office is especially important when the pressure is on, but employee appreciation should be a year-round consideration. The YGS Group’s volunteer-based Merriment Committee focuses on keeping spirits up and coordinates events. Check out the great ways YGS inspires fun and celebrates hard work.
- Soup’er Bowl Cook-off. Before the real Super Bowl, YGS employees get to show off their skills in the kitchen and bring in soups to share. Everyone samples the soups and the top three soup-makers win gift cards.
- Easter Egg Hunt. Even adults love to run in the grass searching for brightly colored eggs. In the YGS version, the eggs are plastic and contain prizes from candy or coupons to redeem for gift cards or wearing jeans for a week!
- Rita’s in the Springtime. It’s a local tradition to stand in line on the first day of spring for the first Rita’s Italian ice after a long winter. YGS Merriment jumps to the front of the line to hand deliver the frozen treats to everyone in the building.
- Summer Cookout. What signifies summer better than hot dogs and burgers on the grill and a meal outside with your coworkers and friends? Trivia games and music round out the beginning of summer fun.
- Ice Cream Social. That’s right, YGS has not just one, but two summer events. Ice cream and a dunk tank, where members of the executive leadership team try their best to stay dry. YGS employees can buy a ball to throw and all proceeds from the event go to local nonprofits.
- Halloween Costume Contest. Costumes and decorations are judged on an individual and group basis with departments collaborating on group costumes and office area themes.
- Holiday Dinner. Every December, Merriment works with upper management to host a catered holiday-meal inspired lunch. Along with a hot meal, the committee incorporates holiday games and prizes.
The YGS Group Merriment Committee is a great asset to company morale and each event—large and small—they coordinate is a testament to the importance of enjoying the time you spend at work and with your coworkers. Thanks to The YGS Group’s Merriment Committee for all the fun they bring!